* Fulbright Senior Specialist, Laboratoire de Physique de l’Atmosphère, CNRS, Universitè de La Rèunion, Rèunion Island, France (May 5-25, 2003)
* United Nations Development Program Invited Speaker, International Skiing Industry Cooperation Forum, Harbin City, People’s Republic of China (December 2001)
* Certified Consulting Meteorologist (#572), American Meteorological Society
* Distinguished Teaching Award, Sierra Nevada College (1996-97)
* First Place, Peter B. Wagner Memorial Scholarship, Atmospheric Sci. Center, Desert Research Institute
* Excellence in Teaching, Sierra Nevada College, Elected Member
* Chair of the Board of Certified Consulting Meteorologists (BCCM), American Meteorological Society, January 2012 – January 2013.
* Board of Certified Consulting Meteorologists (BCCM), American Meteorological Society, Jan. 11, 2009 – January 2013.
* Chair, American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting Session ‘Urban High-Impact Weather Forecasting’, January 14, 2009.
* Mountain Meteorology Committee Member, Feb. 1, 2003-Jan. 31, 2006 (American Meteorological Soc.)
* National Research Council & National Academies: Board on Atmospheric Sciences & Climate, Weather Research for Surface Transportation (elected member March 2003-March 2004)
* Continuing Education Committee Member, Jan. 11, 2004-Jan. 31, 2007 (American Meteorological Soc.)
* American Meteorological Society, Elected Member
* National Council of Industrial Meteorologists, Elected Member
* Research Article Peer Reviewer for: Journal of Applied Meteorology
* Regional Editor: Weather Watch Magazine (1996-1997)
* Research proposal and grant Peer Reviewer for the Australian Research Council
* Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, Elected Full Member
* American Geophysical Union, Member
* National Weather Association, Member